Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Running Journal - Non Runner's Marathon Trainer - Week 13







This was not one of my best weeks. Jill and I ran our 5 miles on Monday in Georgetown. On Tuesday which was normally a day off, I had to take Tara in for a procedure and when we got there the doctor said that Tara would need to stay in bed for 24 hours after the procedure. I had not planned for that and the baby was up all night on Tuesday night going into the Thursday which meant that I did not make my run on Wednesday. Then on Thursdays I was due to run 8 miles and due to work commitment, time, and my side hurting I only finished four of the 8 miles today. Made sure that I relaxed and stretched and hydrated on Friday and got to bed early on Friday night. My run on Saturday was great. I started at 5:30 and was a little tight for the first three miles but then I hit my zone and was able to do all 18 miles with no problems. Luckily I had a massage set up for noon after my run as a reward.

No comments: