Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 9-15 October 2011

Sunday - 9 Oct 11 – Sunday morning we were able to sleep in as Meka had the boys. I got up about 8 and we all took showers and then I make breakfast for everyone. We all went to church and I taught lesson number 37 about Spencer W. Kimball to my Sunday School Class. After church we came home to relax and enjoy and afternoon of football. Tara had picked up earlier in the week a family-sized chicken pot pie from Costco that we had for dinner.

Monday – 10 Oct 11 – Monday morning I ran three miles in Georgetown with Jill. Phoenix was home today due to an in service day for the teachers. Tara and I had a 10:40 am appointment with Phoenix’s teacher, Melinda McBride. We ended up talking to her for almost an hour. It was good to know that his teacher really cares about him. Afterwards I had a preventative Chiropractic appointment with Dr. Morris. During my lunch hour I headed up to the Round Rock Discount Theater to purchase tickets for the 2:30 showing of The Smurfs in 3D. When I purchased the tickets I ran into Michele Thorley from the Austin Ward. I was able to get to talk to her and Andrew and found out that Andrew was the Bishop of the new Zilker Park ward.

Tuesday – 11 Oct 11 – Tuesday morning I headed into work and then after work I went to see Abduction in Cedar Park and then to my office at school.

Wednesday 12 Oct 11 – Wednesday morning started with a 5 mile run with Jill and then home to get ready for work. Worked in the office in the morning and then went and visited my mother during my lunch hour. Wednesday Phoenix had an appointment with Allison. On Wednesday afternoon, I had another appointment with Dr. Morris. Then came home and we all had dinner together. Tara had a Compassion Service Meeting at the church from 7-830 and it was lights out for both of us at 9:11 pm.

Thursday – 13 Oct 11 – Thursday morning started with a 5am wake up and trip to Shipley’s. I have made it a tradition when I substitute Seminary I always bring donuts. It was great lesson on Patriarchal Blessings (Genesis 49). Attendees in my class included: Natalie Flaten, Megan Matheson, Jeremy and Brianna Sitze, Jennifer Waldorf, Alex Beck, Cody Gibby, Baily High, Ashley Rawlins, Lindsay Woodfield, Ximena Briceno, and last but not least (and a few minutes late), my nephew, Benson Hinze. I really felt the spirit teaching the class this morning and I hope that I was able to hit home the objective of the lesson how our Patriarchal Blessings can serve as a Liahona in our lives. Afterwards I came and changed clothes and ran 3 miles with Kirsten Banks while Tara watched the kids so that the Zion and Exodus could have play date with Malcolm and Aubrey. Thursday night I was involved with a deployment at work which last from about 5:pm to almost 10pm.

Friday – 14 Oct 11 – Friday was an easy day at work and at home and since I worked until 10pm on Thursday night, I knocked off from work at about 1 pm. Friday night Tara and I went to Lakeline mall to go to the ATT store to see the IPhone 4GS and the grab some dinner at the Chinese Restaurant in the Food Court. After dinner, we made a short shop at Wal-Mart and then we went to visit the Banks for game night. We did not end of playing any games at the Banks but we had a great time visiting and talking with them for a couple of hours.

Saturday – 15 Oct 11 – Got up at 6 for my last long run of 8 miles at Brushy Creek Lake Park. Then I went home and took a quick shower and we all got dressed and headed to JCPenny to take our family picture for Christmas. After the pictures I took Phoenix to his soccer game and then I went to McDonald to pick up some lunch. After we got home I headed to LCM for a one hour massage. Actually came home and watched a little of the UT game. That evening Tara and I went to a different JCPenny and ordered our family Christmas gift (new towels for the house), and then went to dinner at Wing’s-n-More on Howard Lane and used the .50cent Restaurant.com Certificate. After dinner we went to Target to purchase Zion’s birthday gift for next month, and made one last stop by HEB before heading home.

No comments: