Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Running Journal - Non-Runners Marathon Trainer - Week 12









Monday and Wednesdays 5 mile runs were pretty routine. On Monday Dr. Morris said that I did not need any further treatments on my IT Band. On Wednesday Jill and I clocked our third mile under 14 minutes.

On Thursday I did not feel like running at all, but Kirsten pumped me up and we knocked out 8 miles.

On Saturday I started my run at 5:30 am from the Splash Park. From the beginning of the run I could feel the nagging pain in my hip through about mile 5 or 6. I ate a package of granola bars before the run and had another trail mix bar at mile 9. For some reason about mile 13 I got really really hungry and really thirsty. I have been very cautious by drinking water at every stop along the way, but for whatever reason I was very very thirsty today. I kept plowing through and I made it to 17.1 miles before I had to walk. By then all I could think about getting to the finish (18 miles) and getting something cold to drink and something to eat.

No comments: