Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 16-22 October 2011

Sunday – 16 Oct 11 – We all got up and I made a big 2nd Breakfast for the boys. Then we all headed to Church. I taught Lesson 38: Spencer W. Kimball—Model of Forgiveness to my Sunday School class and then came home and had a nice relaxing day. Watched Football (Dallas Disappointed) and then we had Chef Salads for dinner and some yummy pumpkin bars for dessert.

Monday – 17 Oct 11 – Got up and ran 3 miles with Jill in Georgetown and then we started our 1st day of the 100 Pushup Challenge. Tara had a 8:45 appointment with Dr. Stovall to talk about what we should do about her back pain. The appointment went well and we went home to decide if and when she would have surgery. Worked all day and then met my team at Homefield Grill after work because one of our old team members, Julie Diep, was in town for a few days.

Tuesday -18 Oct 11 – Tara had an appointment with Allison Webb at 11am. I worked at the office all day, and then had to go and teach my MGT 4375 Course, Organizational Behavior and Human Relations.

Wednesday – 19 Oct 11 – On Wednesday I received a call from Phoneix’s Vice Principal because he had acted up in class, threw a pencil, and was being noncompliant with the substitute in his class. I picked him up early that day so that I could take him to an appointment with Allison Web. Afterwards, he headed over to La Frontera to see Dr. Morris for one last treatment before my marathon.

Thursday – 20 Oct 11 – Tara took Phoenix to 1st Grade Reading night at 6:30. I taught my MGT 4390J, Organizational Change.

Friday – 21 Oct 11 – Friday morning I slept in as my first meeting was not until 8am. Tara had an appointment with Allison Webb. At lunchtime, I headed to the airport and picked up Christin Carbiener, who flew in from Phoenix. We stop by Mighty Fine at the Arbor Walk and then came home so that I could get in a few more hours of work. After work we headed up the Rouge Running to pick up my race packet and then to HEB to pick up dinner for the Gary and Marlene Peek. We came home, showered, and changed clothes and, Tara, Christin, and I headed down MOPAC for a 6:30pm reservation at Chez Zee. We met Jon and Suzette Seldon for dinner and have a wonderful time. After dessert we came home and I started to prepare for my race the next day.

Saturday – 22 Oct 11 – I arose at 5:50am and jumped in the shower and got all my things ready for the race. I headed over to Brushy Creek Lake Park at 6:15 and arrived at 6:30. I met Christopher Webber at the Splash Park. The race started a few minutes after 7am and Chris and I settled into a nice 15 minute pace. Chris ran the first 8.75 miles with me and kept me going pretty steady. At the first loop, Tara was waiting for me to switch out my IPhone with the Ipod Classic and so I was on my own for the next 8.75 miles. I was doing fine, but noticed that I was moving a little slower, but felt pretty good overall. None of the nagging injuries that I had been hampered with the past eight weeks were bothering me. I finished the first lap in 2:17, but the second took over 2:30. At the start of the 3rd lap, my friend Christin joined in the fun to finish the race with me. It was so going, but we talked the whole way while listening to music and crossed the finish line at 7:17.



I had finished my first marathon. Waiting for me at the finish line, were Tara, Phoenix, Zion, Exodus, Meka, the entire Hinze family, and Kyle Eli (my friend Jill would have been there but she could not find the turn in to the park and made it a little later). When I crossed the finish line, I broke out in tears of joy and pain. I had finished my first marathon and all of the people that I loved were there to see me. It was wonderful. My only wish was that my father was still living so that they could have shared in the accomplishment. I received lots of accolades on my Facebook page. When I got home I was given another surprise. My wife had made the following for me:


It made me tear up again. Then I took a quick shower and Christin and headed into Austin to LCM to have a much deserved massages. On our way home we stopped by Rudy’s to pick up dinner for everyone. We didn’t get home until about 6:30pm which is about an hour later than the boys are used to eating so of course they were starving. We all got full on the best barbeque in Texas and then to wash it all down we all loaded in the minivan and headed to The Yogurt Experience for dessert. On our way home Suzette called Christin and wanted to meet us at the Crate and Barrel at the Arbouretum so we came home and loaded Christin up and headed down the toll to drop her off. I was so hungry and wire when I came home after a quick stop at HEB, I ate again and then I stayed up until 12:15am watching television.

No comments: