Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 23-29 October 2011

29Sunday – 23 Oct 11 – Sunday morning we were able to sleep in as Meka stayed the night and got up with the boys. I got up and made 2nd Breakfast and then we all went to church. Taught Lesson 39: Lengthen Your Stride for my Sunday School class. Came home to watch some football, Dallas is playing the Rams today. Finished off the day by heating up the leftover Rudy’s for dinner.

Monday- 24 Oct 11 – Monday was a day off for me and for Tara. Tara had a 10 am with Allison and then we headed downtown to have lunch at Fogo de Chao. After lunch we headed up north to Georgetown to see the new version of the Three Musketeers. When we came home, we gathered up all of the kids and we had Family Home Evening. We sang a song, had a prayer and then we worked on Thank You notes to Uncle Sid and Aunt Karen thanking them for the wonderful time we had this past summer. Then we closed with a song a prayer.

Tuesday -25 Oct 11 – I worked at the office and for lunch five of us headed to 5 Guys Burgers. I forgot my school bag so Tara and I did a handoff in the parking lot of Sprouts and then I headed up towards school. After I had my bag in hand, I headed to MFC to get a treatment on my leg which has been bothering me since the marathon. Then I stopped by the Outlet mall to check out the renovated Coach store and saw the most wonderful Men’s Black Laptop bag which was $298, which was on clearance at 50% off and plus another 30% off. Called Tara and told her that is what I wanted for my birthday present this year. Afterwards I headed up to school to teach my MGT 4375 class.

Wednesday – 26 Oct 11 – I got up and had a short work out with Jill (Pushups, situps, and a three mile walk). Then I headed into the office until lunch time and then headed to LCM for one more massage. Afterwards, I headed over to WalMart to put the electronics for Christmas on layaway for Phoenix and Zion. Then I went home to work for the remainder of the afternoon. Afterwork I took Phoenix to his soccer practice and then we came home. Kirsten Banks stopped by before dinner to borrow our double jogging stroller.

Thursday – 27 Oct 11 – Up at 4:30 and out the door at 5;15 so that we could be at the North Austin Medical Center at 5:30 to prep for Tara’s back surgery. We were checked in at 5:45 and in our own room. They came and wheeled Tara out for her surgery at 7:45 and told me to wait in the waiting area. I went to the cafeteria and had a quick breakfast and then had several calls for work while I was waiting. Dr. Stovall came out about 10:30 and said that the surgery was a success and that Tara’s spinal nerves were wrapped around more of her vertebre than what they had previously thought. He told me they would call me once they got her to a room. After that I left the hospital and went to JCPenny to pick up the towels we had ordered as our family Christmas gift. The hospital called while I was on my way back to say that she was in room 439 on the Ortho wing. I stay with Tara who was out of it until about 2:30 and then I went home to check on the boys and to take a shower and head to school to teach that night. That evening Kelly Lowe and Beth Delis went to visit Tara in the hospital and take her something to eat.

Friday – 28 Oct 11 – Once Sartita got here at 7 am I headed back to the hospital at 7am to be with Tara. The PA came to check on ther at 7:45 and then Dr. Stovall came to check on her at 8:30. Tara was released at 11am and then we headed home for the remainder of day. That evening Kathy Lugo and Katherine Bolliger brought over dinner.

Saturday – 29 Oct 11 – Saturday morning I got up with the boys and took them to Primary Practice at 9am, and dropped off Exodus with Madi and then went to Sam’s to get some sample of the Christmas Card for this year. Then I picked up all the boys and we came home to eat lunch and then relax for a little while. Phoenix and I left for a 2pm game and then we came home and fed the boys nuggets and then got ready for the Trunk or Treat. Tara stayed while Sarita and I took the boys.

No comments: