Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 21-27 August 2011

Sunday morning we woke up to Zion and Exodus having snotty noses so we pulled split shift at church with Tara and Phoenix going to Sacrament and then coming home and then I went to teach my Sunday School Class. We loaded up the van and headed to the Salt Lick in Round Rock to meet, Mandy, Brian, & Owen, Kyle & John, and their friend, Bob Hamill. I ordered the family style plate and Tara order the prime rib. When Tara's plate arrived it was the biggest prime rib I had ever seen in my life.

Monday morning, I ran (4 miles) for the first time with Jill Seidenberger at San Gabriel Park in Georgetown and Monday was the Phoenix's last day of summer before the start of school. Tara took Phoenix to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D at the Dollar Theater in Round Rock. On Monday, I also finished putting together the drawers for bunk beds and noticed that one of the drawers were damaged so I called the company (Hayneedle) about my concerns over the damage to the headboards and the drawers. To my surprise when I called the company, they said that they would replace everything without me having to send the damaged pieces back (They actually said to either donate them or throw them away.)

On Tuesday morning, I took Phoenix to his first day of 1st Grade. On Tuesday night we met the Banks at Double Dave's which was nice until Zion caught his head on the edge of a video game and his head swelled up the size of a goose egg.

Wednesday was a laid back day. I came into the office in the afternoon for a team meeting following a round of lay offs at Dell. This was a very surreal experience as I have not had to deal with people being layed off before.

Thursday night I was back in the saddle having to start my 11th year of teaching at the Round Rock Higher Education Center.

Friday I met Jamie and Renee for lunch and we went to the UT Club. Friday afternoon, I went to see Columbiana at the Cinemark Round Rock. Friday evening we had pizza for dinner and then got caught up on America's Got Talent.

Saturday morning I went for a 14 mile run at Brushy Creek Park and then went shopping at HEB, Sam's, and Costco. Saturday afternoon, Tara met my mom at Tinsletown North to see "The Help".

No comments: