Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Running Journal - Non-Runners Marathon Trainer - Week 9










Week 9 started with week 2 running in Georgetown at San Gabriel Park with Jill Seidenberger. On Monday while we were finishing our 4 mile run, I was pushing myself up the hills like I normally do, but today, I tweaked something in my hip and I had to walk the last quarter of a mile. Tuesday was a non running day, and then

Wednesday I met up with Jill again to do another 4 miles. Took it real easy today and was able to finish the run. On Wednesday afternoon, I made a visit to Dr. Murphy our family Chiropractor. He gave me an adjustment, and referred me to Tara Morris a Sports Chiropracter.

On Thursay I met up with Kirsten Banks at the Stake Center and we ran starting at 5:10 until 6:30 and were able to get in 5 miles and then doubled back to the RRSC and then broke off from her and compelted another 2 miles.

I had an appointment with her on Friday and she determined that I had injured my IT Band and determined a course of treatment. The good thing was that I did not have to stop my training.

On Saturday I rose at 4:30 to get ready for the first of three (3) 16 miles long runs. I started at 5:15 and the first 8 miles was fine and then when I hit mile 10, I started to think that I could walk for a little while and then pick back up running, but that never happened. Once I started walking, I never really picked up running again except for a few short spurts. I finished the entire 16 miles in 4.5 hours.

No comments: