Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 31 July - 6 August 2011

Sunday morning we were blessed with going to church at 9 am. Sacrament was just as fun at the Dallas Ward with three restless boys as it normally is back at home. Grandma Clift did not make it today as a stomach bug seems to be going through the house. The 3rd hour of church was a 5th Sunday combined Priesthood and Relief Society lesson on Canning....was a great lesson, but it took all that I had not want to teach the class myself. We had a relaxing afternoon and then all had Sunday Dinner together.

On Monday morning I got up for one last call at work and then I went for a quick 5 mile run and then we prepared the rest of the day for the family reunion. We left the house about 5 pm with Grandpa, myself, and the boys in the Caravan, and Tara and Grandma in the Yukon. We went strait out to Uncle Sid's house and Tara and Grandma went shopping for the food for the family reunion. We arrived about six and we all had Pizza and Salad for dinner. When we arrived Uncle Sid and Aunt Karen, Sid Jr. and Cari along with Michael, Lexi, and Lance, Shauna, Jack, and Kimber, Aunt Cari and Uncle Mark, Cari and Tyler, Hope and KK, and Uncle Doug, Matthew and Andrea Zinn, Uncle Rollie and Aunt Sharon, Cole and his girlfriend, Lisa and Bridget, and lastly Matthew Linfesty. Aunt Karen so graciously opened up her home to us so that the five of us slept in downstairs level of her home on Monday night.

On Tuesday morning I went for a short 3 mile run that ended up taking about and hour and half because when I ran down to the the Molalla river I ended up talking to Uncle Sid's neighbor Gordon (I actually took a wrong turn and ran down to the river on Gordon's land). Then I came back up to towards Uncle Sid's land and finished up my run. More people arrived on Tuesday morning. Shelly and John Linfesty with Malea and Marin. Dong and Angie Gunter also came with their three children. Then we all had a pancake and egg breakfast and the reunion was in full swing. Aunt Karen then proceed to give us a great overview of the activities which were planned over the next three days. We had lunch at 1 pm and then we had dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs at about 7. We ended the evening sitting around and talking with everyone after we put the boys to bed in the tent with Aunt Lisa. At some point and time between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, some bug came started to get to folks.

Wednesday morning after breakfast Aunt Karen gathered everyone together and passed out Reunion Books (see below) that she put together that detail the Gunter Family History. The books contain pedigree charts, picture charts, stories, recipes, and a CD containing 453 pictures and documents. Afterward a group went down to the river to shoot shotguns and then the kids all played games and did crafts. Uncle Doug and Aunt Elaine showed up with along with Angie Gunter. Doug Jr. came with only one of the girls because the In the afternoon on all of the days, the boys were able to go swimming in the pool that was set up on the lawn. I spent some time attempting to show Phoenix how to shoot a bow and arrow that was set up lawn with a large target in front of three bales of hay. In the afternoon, I took Matt Zinn lunch at work and then he gave me a tour of Suncoast Circuits. Aunt Cari prepared about five large pans of lasagna for everyone for dinner. Then Scott Gunter and I collect wood from the wood pile to make a fire and then all the kids made Sm ores for dessert.

Thursday morning I started off with a 3 mile run down Union Mills which was probably not the smartest thing (cars were racing by me). This was just a fun day of doing whatever. We had a lite lunch and then had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. We ended the reunion with Aunt Sharon setting her karaoke machine and singing until the wee hours of the night. I was even able to give my rendition of "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel without even using the karaoke machine.

Friday morning almost everyone had departed except for Aunt Karen, Cari and her family and the Clift Clan so we worked from about 8 am to noon cleaning up the campsite and ensure that all the trash and equipment was put away. We said our goodbyes and then Tara and I headed towards Oregon City to get the boys some lunch. We left there and made our way to the Portland Temple so that we could go to Deseret Book and purchase some garments and books for the boys. I was also able to reach out to one of my Scrabble Friends, Emily Roth, a recent law school graduate, whom I had never met and she met us at the temple grounds. We spent about fifteen minutes talking to her and then we headed back to Dallas, OR. Once we got home and unloaded the bags, I went for my long run of week. It took about two hours to run 8 miles, but it felt so good to relax after a long day.

No comments: