Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 7-13 August 2011

We attended 9:00 am chruch again in the Dallas 1st Ward. The speakers were good and other than the boys acting their usual selves, we were able to feel the spirit. Tara's mom made it to church this week as last week she was not feeling well on Sunday morning. Sister Thackery gave another wonderful lesson (29) concerning how the number of disciples were increased. I was also able to catch up with Slade Thackery in Elder's Quorum. After chruch we all went home to relax for a while until we all gathered for a steak dinner in which Mark Gunter presided over the grill. Cari and Tyler and Hope and KK also joined in on the fun. While having dinner we all discussed the possibiity of having our next reunion in the next two years and having it over a long weekend or also pushing it to the winter time and taking a cruise.

On Monday I went for a four mile fun but it was cut short as Tara picked me up at we took Exodus to the Urgent Care in Salem acorss from Willamtte Univeristy. While we were waiting, I finished the mile and half on the univeristy grounds. The doctor examined Exodus and his extreme fussiness was caused by his two year molars. We we got back home, I worked for a few hours and then spent the rest of the day preparing to return back to Texas. It was bittersweet having to get ready to go home as the boys and Tara really enjoyed being at home with her parents.

On Tuesday morning I went for a five mile run and then had two quick calls before leaving for PDX. I was also able to get in one last visit with Great Grandma Dorthy. We arrived at the airport 2 hours early and were able to start our jouney home with very little fanfare. Exodus did spend the majority of the flight expressing his displeasure by crying for most of the 6 hour journey home.

Josh was right on time picking us up on Wedneday morning about 1230 and got us home safely. It was almost three in the morning when I finally laid down to sleep and then I got up at 7 am to take in the Altima to get it's first oil change for free at the dealership. Afterwards I hit HEB to get milk for the boy's breakfast. Wednesday at noon I had an appointment at LCM, and then met with Leslie Wade, my independent study student at Beluga at 1:30 pm. Afterwards I went to Sam's to pick up grocereies and then headed home to get some much needed sleep.

Thursday morning I got up at 5 for my 3rd run of the week and then I headed into the office for a full day. Had lunch with Jamie at the Thai restaurant next to HEB on 1325. Came home and Tara made Salmon for dinner.....it was good, but it was not like the seafood we had in Seattle.

On Friday morning, I had several calls in the morning and then I had a perio check up at Castle Dental. After that appointment I attended the funeral service for Brother Moss. Then I went home picked up Tara and Exodus and we headed downtown to attend the graduation celebration for Jay Hrncir. His wife Katy asked me to say a few words for Jay. It was very humbling to speak for an old friend to all of his family and friends. In attedance was Jays family including Curtis and their sister plus Katy's family, along with Wes Ghormley, Tiffany Barber, Jamee & Justin, and Scott. Afterwards Tara and I went to Chuy's to have some Tres Leches cake for dessert.

On Saturday morning I got up for an 11 mile run and was met by Tiffany Barber at mile 3 and she did 6 miles with me and then I finished the last 2 by myself. Afterwards I came home to relax while Tara went shopping for new running shoes and then when and had her nails redone. Saturday night we went over to Mast's household to celebrate Cassie graduating from Texas State. Afterwards I dropped Tara off and then went to Tinsletown to see "Rise of the Planet of the Ape". It was a great movie.

No comments: