Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 14-20 August 2011

We had a lazy Sunday morning. At 10 Sarita came to watch the boys and Tara and I headed out to Lake Travis to celebrate Lara Gradt's Birthday. We had a wonderful time and met some great new folks. Some of the usual suspects were in attendance, Jamee Yule, Reggie & Michele Arceo, and Lara's sister Jennifer. We had a wonderful time on a barge cruise of the lake and spent lots of time in the water. The barge went out at 11 and came back in a 3 and then we stopped into Carlos and Charlies for some lunch. Then spent the rest of Sunday catching up on preseason games.

Monday was a pretty laid back day. Got up for a short 4 miler and then worked the rest of the day. That evening Bridget Barbee came over so that we could all go to dinner but was interrupted by a call that a brush fire was near her home so she went and tried to get her dogs but the police would not let her back in to her neighborhood. So we all went to dinner at Gattiland in Round Rock and then back to our house until she received the all clear to go back home.

Tuesday morning Tara went to pick up our new pet finches which the boys have already named Tweety (Phoenix-Light Bird) and Love (Zion's-Dark Bird). I went into the office an then had lunch with Jamie and Suzanne at Zorba's. I discovered during lunch that we were supposed to have a round of lay offs next week, so I discussed this with my manager during our 1x1 that afternoon. She said that I was safe and that I needed to concentrate on learning the Gii system. I went home that afternoon and picked up Phoenix and we went to the YMCA to work out.

Wednesday I worked from home but had to go into the office for Skip Level meeting with your new director. That lasted about an hour and then I headed back home. Wednesday afternoon Tara had an appointment with her back speciaist, and then on Wednesday night Tara had a compassionate service meeting and the boys and I just relaxed and watched some TV.

Thursday was a busy day. I went for a 5 am 4 mile run then came home to take Tara into the Central Texas Surgery Center to have a shot to relieve some of the pain on her herneated disk. Then I came home to an 8:30 call and then I headed into the office for a 1x1 with Valarie Johnson. After that I went to school to pick up a months worth of mail and then came home to sift through it and several more calls.
Got in a short nap late in the afternoon and then had dinner and then took the boys to Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus at the Frank Irwin Center. The boys were falling asleep near the end of the show but it is always worth it to see their faces light up at all of the amazing acts the show has to offer.

Friday morning I had three calls at work til about 11 and Tara had to take Phoenix to a urology appointment at Speciality Pediatrics. At about the same time, the delivery company delievered the boys bunk beds. It was a bit disappointing because both of the headboards had cracks in them. Late in the afternoon I worked on getting the bunk bed together until I left for night of fun at Nick Passe's for some Texas Holdem. A little lighter in the pocket, I left at about 10 pm to get some sleep for an early morning run.

Saturday mornning I got up for a 12 mile run with Chris, Stacy, and Sarah. After the run Tara took Zion and Exodus to Treehouse to get checked out. Both were snotty and not feeling well. At noon I had an appointment at LCM. Afterwards I went to Phoencia and purchased some fresh Dates. They let me try one in the store and they were so good that I purchased a pound. Now I wish I had purchased 10 pounds. On my way home I stopped at Sam's to pick up some pictures that we had developed from the trip to Oregon. That afternoon Brian and Mandy stopped by for a visit with Master Owen. Both Tara and I held him for a long time and he just slept in our arms. Brain and Mandy left and Tara and I prepared for the Oldroyd reception. We stopped in at the Stake center and went thorough the recieveing line and meet both sets of parents. Afterwards we headed out to Cedar Park to Kyle Grant's home to have dinner with Mandy, Brian, John, and Kyle. After a wonderful fajita dinner and homemade Tres Leches cake we headed home to relive Ms. Sarita.

No comments: