Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 26 Jun - 02 Jul 2011

Sunday started as a spirit-filled day. When I returned from my morning sabbatical, I had that thought that for some reason we needed to sit in the front at church today. While preparing breakfast for the boys, Phoenix said to me, "Dad can we sit in the front at church today." So at church we sat in the front. Once at church, I noticed when we sat down there were only two young men ready to bless the sacrament, so I volunteered to bless the sacrament with Brother Barry, and Drew Chandler. I took the lead and blessed the bread. It has been a long time since performing the sacrament duties, and it felt really good. During the prayer for blessing the bread, I felt the comfort of the Spirit surround me. At the end of sacrament meeting, Brother Brandon Wagner caught up with me and ask if I was doing anything during the 3rd hour, and I told he that I was not, so he asked if I could come to the Deacon's quorum class. After I gave the Sunday School Lesson #25, George A Smith: Responding to the Good, I stepped inside of the Deacon's classroom. Brother Wagner bore his testimony concerning the upcoming lesson and then he told the class why he had invited me to class: he stated that he really felt the spirit that morning while I was saying the prayer while blessing the bread that he wanted me to bear my testimony of my we come to church each Sunday to renew our covenants with Heavenly Father. I bore my testimony to the class while weeping as I was overcome with emotion for the spirit was strong in my last Sunday. At 4:00 pm that day, I made my way over to the Banks family for a home teaching visit with Paul Cannon.

Tara ran on Monday morning with Chrissta over at the Brushy Creek Recreation Center (BCRC). Mr. HoneyDo came by the house at 0945 to install two new Hyloft systems in the garage to create some additional storage space at the house. Will Smith also came by to start weeding the beds in the backyard so that I can get them preped to put down additional weed stop materail for the remainder of the season. Monday night for Family Home Evening, we took the boys to the Round Rock Express game, and they got to see a double amputee, Dana Bowman parachute, into the stadium. Beacause it was Military Appreciation night they had all kind of give aways and junk for the boys. Before we left the game we got in line to get Dana Bowman's autograph. Afterwards we stoppped by the Salt Lick.

On Tuesday, I got up at 5:30 and ran and then Tara left to run with Chrissta at the BCRC. Later that morning Tara took the boys to the Rugrats in Paris movie and then that afternoon, Tara ended up having to take both Zion and Exodus into Treehouse because they were coughing just like Phoenix was last week. They were both put on anitbiotics and steriods. Then Tara recevied a last minute call that day and was invited to go to the New Kids on the Block concert in San Antonio with Beth Dellis. She had a great time but did not get home until about 2 am on Wedensday.

Wednesday was a day of recovery for both Tara and the boys. I ran four miles at the Brushy Creek Trial (BCT), and spent the remainder of the day working from home.

Thursday afternoon, Tara filled up the blow up pool in the backyard for the boys to have some fun in the water.

I took Friday off, and Tara and I were able to spend some time together. I got up and mowed the lawn after Tara returned from her run. Tara went out after her run and picked figs for the fifth time in as many days. She has been picking about 8 pounds of figs per picking. Later that morning we went to the massage school and each received a massage. We then went and picked up the pictures from Father's Day from JC Penny. Then we had lunch as Mimi's Cafe, and afterwards went to movies in Cedar Park to watch Super 8.

On Saturday morning, I went for a five mile run at BCT, then came home and later that morning we took the boys swimming. Afterwards we came home for some much needed rest. When Zion got up from his nap we loaded up the family and went to Georgetown to visit RV Outlet Mall. Then we had family dinner at Hao Hao's in Round Rock.

No comments: