Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Running Journal - Non Runner's Marathon Trainer - Week 0



I am back at it again. I have started up my training from last year in order to complete the 26.2 Frankenthon on 22 October 2011. The Training Program suggest that you keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings during the week, so this is my attempt at doing just that. Last year when I got to week 12 of my training program, my work situation changed and I was unable to complete the training and therefore unable run in the race. The race organizer agreed to transfer my race registration to this year.

Week 0 for me was to ensure that I was ready for the start of Week 1 which will begin in the morning with a three mile run. This past week I had runs of 3, 4, 3, and then 5 miles, for a total of 15 miles. The weather here has been unbearable hot and one of the mornings I started later than usual, and I paid for it: the sun was bearing down on my like a slave in Roots! This summer I will have to ensure that I am up well before the cock crows. I am so looking forward to two weeks of training in Oregon this summer where I will be able to run at 9 and 10 in the morning and it will still be in the 70's. As far as training is concerned this week, I plan on doing the same this week starting on Monday running 3, then on Wednesday, running 3, and Thursday running 3 again with a 5 miler on Saturday. I will run starting from the house on Monday and Thursday, and run on the Brushy Creek Trail on Wednesday and Saturday.

I really love this training program because it emphasizes FINISHING the race, not completing it any certain amount of time. Two of the major focuses are on safety (not hurting yourself by over training) and hydration (they want you to drink plenty before, during, and after your runs).

So wish me luck and if any of you want to come out and walk/jog with me during the race, I look forward to your support. I am hoping that I can have enough people come out to run with me (it is an open race trail during the race) that I will have the strenght to finish. I will be reaching out to folks as the race date approaches in the fall.

Much Love and Respect, Byron Lynn

No comments: