Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Morgan Family Week in Review - 11-17 September 2011

Sunday – 11 Sep 11 – Tara and I attended church at the Highpoint Fellowship. It is where our neighbors Barb and Russ attend out in Cedar Park. We had a wonderful time singing and listening to a sermon about the 9-11 attacks and how the gospel is our on true comfort and aid to strike out the fear in which terrorist try and plant in our hearts and minds. Later that day I settled in for the first full day of football. Later that evening the Banks (Tim, Kirsten, Malcolm, and Aubrey) came over for dessert and to watch the Dallas Cowboys game. It was so sad that the Cowboys lost, but I think that we found some lifelong friends in the Banks family. During the game, Tara headed down to ABIA to pick up my mom who had flown to Ohio to attend the wedding of a close family friend. Tara did not get home until about 11:45 and we did not get into bed until after midnight.
Monday – 12 Sep 11 – Up at 4:45 for a 5:30 Georgetown run with Jill, Monday was a cool morning. Afterwards I came home and work the better part of the day and then after work and after dinner, the family gathered up and went get Shaved Ice on Mays. On the way home from getting the shaved ice, Zion started screaming that he lost the penny that he had found. I tried to settle him down and told him that I would find it when we got home and that’s when he said that, “You can never find it, because I swallowed it.” When we got home Tara called Treehouse to be told that we needed to check his stool for a week until we found the penny or we would need to bring him in for an X-ray.
Tuesday – 13 Sep 11 – On Tuesday morning, I went into work at Dell (had lunch with Julie and Jamie at the Vietnamese Restaurant by HEB) and then after work I headed up to Texas State to teach my MGT 4375 class.
Wednesday – 14 Sep 11 – Another 5am run with Jill in Georgetown and then worked from home the remainder of the day. After work I had a treatment with Dr. Morris and also ran into Jamie Echols. After my treatment, I took Phoenix to his first soccer practice of the season and then he and I had a daddy date and we went out for some Mexican food at a nearby restaurant.
Thursday – 15 Sep 11 – Kirsten Banks and I meet at 4am at the Church and we ran 8 miles and finished by 6:15 so that she could get home to relieve Tim. I worked from home the rest of the day and then that night headed up to Texas State to teach MGT 4390J.
Friday – 16 Sep 11 – Friday morning, I worked from home all day. Then after work I took my angel out to dinner at one of favorites: Baris Pizza and Pasta in Pflugerville. Afterwards we stopped into Harbor Freight to pick up some really cheap stocking stuffers for Christmas. We also made reservations at 7:15 pm at Gumbo’s so that we could have some dinner. That sat us out on the patio where a singer was singing mostly country songs which was great. We had our dessert (Chocolate Bread Pudding), while we listened and sang along and it was a nice relaxing evening.
Saturday – 17 Sep 11 – On Saturday morning I got up at 4:30 for a 16-mile 5am run. After the run I came home and took a shower and then Tara, my mom, and I jumped in the Altima and headed to Corsicana to attend the funeral of my Godmother’s daughter Vera Parham. We left at about 10 until 11, and arrived at 10 after 1pm. We went straight to my Godmother Aline’s house so that we could change clothes. When we arrived the house had about 40 people there and was very crowded. After we changed clothes, we were about to leave, but then everyone there said that we had to wait to say a prayer. Once Charles, Vera’s son arrived, Bishop Davis said a prayer and then we all headed up the street to 6th Avenue Baptist Church. As we were waiting to go in to the church (it was almost 100 outside), we noticed more and more people coming to the church which could only hold about 150 people. By the time that we got to the front of the church, my mother was feeling light headed so we went around to the back to find Mable Scott (Scott Funeral Home) to let her know that we were going to stop by to see her husband Bob, but that we were leaving because it had become too hot and we could not get inside the church. We went by the funeral home to visit with Bob and Faith (his daughter) and then we headed back to Round Rock.

No comments: