Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Running Journal - Non-Runners Marathon Trainer - Week 10









This week started with a mile increase during the week from 4 to 5 for my short runs and from 7 to 8 for my medium.

On Monday and Wednesday I ran with Jill in G-town. It was so nice. On both Monday and Wednesday mornings the temperatrue dipped down into the the 60's which is almost 20 degrees cooler than it has been.

For my medium run on Thursday, I took an early lunch and ran at 9 in the morning with Kirsten Banks. We started at the chruch and then went out almost four miles and then doubled back and split off when she took her kids to Pepper Rock Park and I headed back to the Church.

Saturday morning started good with a great night of sleep. Since the temperature dropped this past week, I decided not to start my run until 6 am. I also remembered to take a protein bar and the extra Ipod this morning. I started about 6:10 and ran into a few familiar faces on the trail (Dianna (Phoenix's old soccer coach), Michael Duke, Jenny Taylor Schleuter, Jay Van Sickle, and Leilani Parente Rogers). Today was the first day that I did feel any pain in my hip. I have three more treatments left with Dr. Tara Morris and I would recommend anyone to her if they have the same injury. Jammed all 16 miles to some great tunes, especially 3 Doors Down and Bruno Mars.

No comments: