Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Morgan Family Week in Review - 21 April -26 May 2012

Saturday - 26 May 2012 - Got to sleep in finally with out being sick or having to be somewhere. Woke up about 8am and then started working on the last month of blog. Was just commenting to my FIL the other day that you can't get to far behind or you start to forget things that you have done. Looking forward to the rest of the day. Going to clean up the garage a bit, work on the pantry and lay a few more bricks for my non HOA approved cinder block foundation for my new 10x12 storage unit. Later today at 4:30 we are meeting the Hinze family at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate Benson's graduation dinner, and then out to the Cedar Park Center for the McNeil High School Graduation.

Friday - 25 May 2012 - Worked from home in the morning. Had the Beast towed to 620 Auto. Then in the afternoon I met up with Brenda and Gary Peek to help them move. Worked with them for several hours and then came home to mow the yard and take care of the boys while Tara met up with Deb Pope and Beth Delis as they attended the taping of The X-Factor at the Frank Irwin Center.

Thursday - 24 May 2012 - Worked from home on Thursday. Had to go at lunch time and pick up Phoenix at school b/c he had hit another boy on the playground. Then at 1:30 we had to take Phoenix to see Dr. Richards. She indicated that she believed that some of Phoenix's aggression was being cause by the Kepra.

Wednesday - 23 May 2012 - Got up early and went in early for our Wednesday morning briefing. My time had come up to brief the GBS and APOS stuff that I am now responsible for. Then I had a 1x1 with my manager and afterwards I went to The Well at Dell Health Center at Parmer South. PA said I mostly likely had a virus, but to be safe she ran some bloods tests and then sent me back to the health center at RR7 to have a strep test run. Afterwards I went home and got some more rest. All the while Tara has been feeling like dirt and had the same thing that Zion and I picked up. Tara took Princess to the vet b/c she has been sick. Later that evening I had to pick up an Rx from People's Pharmacy that cost $42 that had to be compounded.

Tuesday - 22 May 2012 - Felt a little better on Tuesday morning and worked from home, but by lunch time my fever was 102.6 so I laid down again to get some rest. Got up later in the evening and finished working on my slides for Liz's Wednesday morning briefing.

Monday - 21 May 2012 - Monday morning I got up and worked from home. I was supposed to be off b/c of working a deployment on Saturday, but by noon I was feeling terrible and had a temperature of 104. My fever broke late Monday night early Tuesday.

Sunday - 20 May 2012 - Zion woke up complaining that his stomach was not feeling well. We all attended church and then the Hinze's and the Seale's over for dinner. By later in the day Zion really was not feeling too good and then Tara said that she was not feeling well . Tara's mom made two roasts with potatoes and carrots which was absolutely delicious.

Saturday - 19 May 2012 - I got up and went to Harbor Freight with my FIL and then took both he and Phoenix to the end of the year Cub Scout party at Brushy Creek Lake Park. I left them there and I came home to start work on a deployment. Tara had to take Exodus to Treehouse at 11 to get another antibotic/steroid. I finished work at about 6:30pm and then later that evening I hit OfficeMax and CVS.

Friday - 18 May 2012 - Day 3 at Texan Eye in the morning. Then at lunch I hit Staples to use $20 in recycling credits to use. Tara and her parents went to Cedar Valley to check out Madi in one of her productions. Late afternoon I went to see Battleship at Gateway. Then that evening I purchased a chair for my mom from OfficeMax

Thursday - 17 May 2012

Wednesday - 16 May 2012 - Went to work @ Dell and then that evening Tara and I had a date night where went up to the mall to have dinner. We ran in to Claire's family (all of them and met her brother (A&M-Engineer) and sister (Texas-PA). Tara had a burger and I had a hotdog. After dinner we went to Jared to look at rings.

Tuesday - 15 May 2012 - Worked from home. Had a Cub Scout Parent night at 7pm. Tara and her parents went to Logan's to celebrate Natalie's birthday. We gave her a cute purple Coach purse.

Monday - 14 May 2012

Sunday - 13 May 2012 - I got up and made breakfast for everyone and then gave Tara and her mom their new Coach bags for Mother's Day. I gave my talk about how Priesthood leaders should take more responsibility at home in regards to prayer, scripture reading and family home evening.

Saturday - 12 May 2012 -

Friday - 11 May 2012 - Worked from home

Thursday - 10 May 2012 - Worked @ Dell

Wednesday - 09 May 2012 - Worked @ Dell

Tuesday - 08 May 2012 - Worked from home

Monday - 07 May 2012 - Took today off from work for Tara's Birthday - Took Tara, Barry, Margo, Chrissta, Beth to Fogo de Chao for lunch. While we were there, I ran into Mike Smith from the Austin Ward.

Sunday – 6 May 2012 – Went to bed a midnight and took Princess out to pee in the rain. Then got up and six and took her out again. Tara had the three o’clock wake up. Tara started the shower and then turned it off because she did not have any hot water and it was then that I realized that I had not plugged the hot water heater back in. I fixed breakfast for everyone and then we took two cars to church. I bared my testimony about my interview with Concordia. Then I taught Chapter 16 about holding on to the iron rod in Sunday school. Had all of my regular students, plus Emory Morrow and Kate Bean. Had the Hine’s over for Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner.  Then we all celebrated Tara’s birthday with Krispy Kreme that I had picked up on Saturday night. Gave her some new Texas State shirts and a new White and Grey Leather Coach Bag with a purple lining.

Saturday – 5 May 2012 – Up with the boys at 6am. Made two pound cakes.  Weeded and turned soil in both of the raised beds. Then met with Teresa Zell at 1045 to drop of an MBA recommendation, stopped by Home Depot, then dropped off some ink cartridges at my moms. Then came home and Barry and I went to G-Man’s crawfish boiled and hung out with the Dellis’.  In the afternoon Tara and her mom went to Phoenix game and then came to the house and picked up Sarita and the boys and went to the Great Oaks Carnival. Moved the cable box into the guest room, changed the temp on the hot water heater and fixed two boards on the fence.

Friday – 4 May 2012 – Keystone all day. Tara came for lunch and we went to the Seoul Korea House for lunch and then had a 1:30 appointment at LCM. Saw Avengers at Regal at the Arboretum.

Thursday – 3 May 2012 – Worked @ Dell all day and then came home and we all hung out.

Wednesday – 2 May 2012 – Boys to see Dr. Joey. Wednesday afternoon the Hinze kids came by to see their grandparents. We all had scalloped potatoes and sausage for dinner.

Tuesday – 1 May 2012 – Keystone all day. Saw Safe at Regal at the Arboretum.  Tara and Beth picked up the Clift’s at 1:30 and did not get home until 3am and then we got to bed about 4am. Called in about 6 and worked from home instead of going in.

Monday – 30 April 2012 – Went to Dr. Stovall, lunch at Whataburger, MRI at 6 and then was cancelled. Phoenix did not go to soccer practice.

Sunday – 29 April 2012 – Stay home from Church today. Had a relaxing day at home with the boys watching TV, napping, and hanging out.

Saturday – 28 April 2012 – Woke up at 5 am and took Princess out and she finally went poop in the back yard.  I was so proud of her. Then I took her upstairs and put her back in her kennel and then about 30 minutes Exodus actually used his words to say that he was ready to get up (he normally just screams and throws all of his bedding out of the crib). I then spent the morning cutting coupons and picking up around the house. Zion got up about 6:30 and Phoenix got up about 7. By 8 am Phoenix was tripping because he could find any of his other than his Crocs which he did not want to wear outside. Tara got up about 9 and then took all the boys to Cat Hollow Park to meet the Morrows.

Friday 27 April 2012– Worked from home. Had an appointment at Texas Eye and then came home for a two more meetings. Then I went with Tara to the Great Oaks Vet for Princess’ first well check and shots. Saved a ton of money by signing up for a pet plan for $350 which will end up savings us over $300. In the evening I realized about an hour late that I was supposed to bid on a few items for my coworker Jamie. Tara and I went to see the remake of 21 Jumpstreet.

Thursday – 26 April 2012 – Worked @ Dell. After work drove home to change cars and then the family went to the Round Rock Campus for the Student Leadership and Activities Organization (SLAO) potluck. Afterwards we shipped Lisa’s birthday present.

Wednesday – 25 April 2012 – Received guidance from my manager that my skip level’s Wednesday morning briefing was optional for those not presenting. I called in from the car for the 730 and gave my name and then skip level made it very clear that she wanted all Austin personnel in the office and at the meeting, so I high tailed into the office. Jamie and I went to Pluckers for the March of Dimes fundraiser. After work,

Tuesday – 24 April – Received and email from an old friend at DADS that Concordia was looking for PhDs who were Christian to teach in their MBA program. I then obtained the MBA Coordinators phone number and left her a message about 10am. At 12:30 she called me back and we basically had a phone interview.  It was evident that she was about to pull the trigger on hiring me when she asked if I was a Christian and I told her, “yes, I am a Mormon loud and proud,” in which she then proceeded to tell me that she could not hire me because Concordia, a Lutheran funded school, did not recognize Mormons as a Christian faith.

 Monday – 23 April 2012 – Worked from home in the morning and then delivered Meals on Wheels at 1030.  We had a quick family home evening lesson where I showed the boys the difference between purchasing Kona Ice from the school for $5 versus paying $1 for the same size Icee from the Signature store. After dinner, Phoenix and I went to the YMCA fields for soccer practice.

Sunday – 22 April 2012 – We got up and I prepared breakfast and got everyone ready for church. As we were about to leave Zion developed a really bad nose bleed and so Tara stayed at home with him and Exodus. Phoenix and I went to Sacrament Meeting and stay in the last pew with Jill Mast.  Right before the start of the meeting I made eye contact with Bishop Allison and made my way to the stand so that I could bless the sacrament. Phoenix moved to the cheap seat and sat with Josh and Xander. I taught my Sunday School class and then had to run home for a quick break and then headed back to have Priesthood outside due to the floor in the cultural hall being refinished. After church I went to home teach the Swans at noon and the Kinchens at 1pm. Afterwards I came home and then Tara left to meet up with Beth Delis whose brother had passed a few days earlier. For dinner Tara made homemade cordon bleu which was yummy.
Saturday – 21 April 2012 – For some strange reason I was up at 4:20 am and unable to go back to sleep so I decided to come downstairs and work on the blog. Took Princess out for her morning sabbatical and it was really cold…..only 48 degrees. Did some work around the house and then got Tara up about 645 so that I could take The Beast to Sam’s to pick up a new mattress. While there I asked about a desk that Tara and I had seen before. The manager marked the desk down from $278 to $229. We got the mattress loaded on the truck and then as they were loading the desk I noticed some damage that we could not see when we in the store due to the location of the desk. We had the manager come out and look at the desk and then I decided to return the desk. The Beast got me and the mattress back home and then Tara and I were able to use the furniture dolly to move it to the garage. Phoenix had a soccer game at noon and I stayed at home with the two younger boys. Saturday night Tara and I went to see Think Like a Man at Tinsletown which we bo

No comments: