Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Second Chances: Blessings from Above (Week 1)

Weight loss has been steady for the past nine days.

My weight on Thursday morning was 239.4 which represents 17.2 lbs of weight loss in nine days at an average of 1.91 lbs per day. The really great thing is the fact that my average blood glucose reading has been 98 over the past seven days and I have not needed to take any of my diabetes medications. The only meds I am taking right now is my nasal spray twice daily for my allergies and a statin at night for my cholesterol. My cholesterol is not high, but because I am diabetic, my doctor wants it lower than normal so that I am not a risk for heart disease. I am hoping when I go in for new labs in a few months I can be taken of of the statin.
The only thing that has seemed out of the ordinary is the fact that since I had the surgery, I have been freezing COLD. My whole life I have always been too HOT and since the surgery, I have been really cold. My hands, my nose, my entire body is just freezing.

Nothing much to report except that we call the surgeon's office and they said that with my surgery I was on a "modified" liquid diet and I could have anything that I did not need to "chew" to digest. With this we were able to add some cream soups and sugar free puddings to my current diet. We also cleared up when my follow up appointment in Dallas would be conducted. We head up next Friday for a 0930 appointment. I plan on taking Tara with me so that she can meet the surgical team and speak with them about my continuing care and progress.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Wow...you're progress is amazing! You are definitely on the right track. See you soon!

Margo Clift said...

So glad all is going well. Sorry about you being cold.
That is not fun. Tara nearly froze me to death both times I was there.
You'll have to get a cardigan. Or hoodie.
Keep up the good work.
Love you all

indeazgirl said...

That's so much loss so fast! Wow! Still thinking of you every day and hope all is still going well (and that you're warming up!).

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Congrats Byron! Your glucose numbers are fantastic! Keep it up and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.