Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One Voice - One Vote

Oh what a feeling......a feeling of joy about the American process of democracy......why:

because once again power will shift in the United Stats without one drop of blood being shed,

because even though my vote was part of a losing effort in Texas, the candidate that I backed will call his home 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and

because most of all that now when I tell my two beautiful boys that they can grow up to be anything that they want, even the highest public office in the land will no longer be a pipe dream.

Much Love & Respect,

Byron Lynn

P.S. Just to let you know, the color of my skin precludes me from membership at the country club in my hometown.......who would have guessed, a black man can be elected president, but can't join the country club in Corsicana, Texas.....things that make you go hmmmmm!

P.S.S. For all of you Republican homers......who do you think let this country fall into the financial tailspin which we have not seen since the likes of the great depression.

P.S.S.S. Don't hate the player, hate the game.....Peace Out

5 comments:

Charly said...

I think it was the Democratic congress. But...to each his own opinion right?! Congrats on your victory! Despite him NOT being the President Elect that I voted for, it is an exciting achievement for our nation. God Bless him and God Bless America! I hope he does the positive things he says he wants.

Keri said...

I'm still on cloud 9 after the election results (including my father-in-law winning his race). How amazing is this?? It's unfortunate that many are still stricken with the small-town mentality and are unable to open their eyes to the bigger picture. Many in my hometown, when I asked, would not hear of voting for Obama b/c of his color or the fact that his name sounds so much like Osama. And that is just my family, I'm sure there are many more. God Bless & see you tonight!

ToddS said...

As to your P.S.S., I think we're all to blame. Don't forget who set up all the Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae garbage back in the 90's. We are all responsible for the financial crisis...even the loan officers?

Margo Clift said...

Funny thing: First thing I said, "that could be my GRANDSON in 40 years".
Just looking forward to him {Mr.Obama} making good on his aspirations and promises.
Even though he wasn't marked on my ballot, I support the office that he holds.
We'll see if his position on Firearms, abortion and same/sex marriage has a bearing on the condition of our country in the long run. As we were repeatedly reminded to vote for the man whose Christian views aligned with what we know to be true.
That said; I thrilled that our nation would elect a man of mixed race to it's highest political office.
And then I scratch my head concerning the rules of a country club in Texas. Go, figure.

indeazgirl said...

Yeah...is that ALLOWED these days in Corsicana. Appalling.
Anyways, go Obama. I voted for him, although there were a few issues I was wary of. I'm voting for character and hoping it's true.
:o)