Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Garden of Eden-Week 4

Exciting news this week!

The Moonglow pear tree which had shown no signs of growth since being planted, bloomed this week.

This means the only plants let on the dormant list are the two blueberry bushes in the backyard. I did have a chance to talk to a landscaper who told me they were waiting for theirs to do something from last year. So we will continue to pray and hope that one day we will have a blueberry harvest at the Morgans.

I also sprayed the front yard with the crabgrass treatment again and this time I upped the concentration of treatment to water and it looks like it had its intended effect. The crabgrass is dying and the Bermuda is coming in nicely. There is one small spot in the front yard that I think I am going to purchase a few pieces of sod to fill it in.

Tara and I examined all of the trees, and we have fruit on two of peach trees and one of the pears trees. The figs trees don't have fruit, but the leaves are large and healthy.

Starting to see more and more blooms on the tomatoes in the back and one of the strawberries is starting to turn red.

Looks like I am going to have to try again on the okra and the eggplant. Neither is doing well at all.

BLM

2 comments:

Margo Clift said...

Your Garden sounds so awesome. Way to go!

indeazgirl said...

It sounds like y'all are having a great time with your garden! I had figs for the first time this year; turns out I LOVE them!! May all the fruits of your labors be luscious! :o)