Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Best Birthday Present in the World

The quilt I am holding is my birthday gift that my wife surprised me with for my 27th birthday.

From 1996 to 1999 while attending college, I purchased t-shirts from various fraternity events. When I graduated, I put them in an old pillowcase and moved them from San Marcos to Sumitt, to Modena, to Stassney, to Bannock and finally here to Montoya Circle. I actually had plans to teach myself to quilt and about two months ago mentioned to Tara, "hey have you seen the pillowcase with my old tshirts."

I don't know how she pulled it off, but in her last few weeks of being pregnant she was able to cut my tshirts into squares and make the quilt without me ever figuring out what she was doing. I was so sick on my birthday that I did not even open my present until the 2nd and when I pulled it out, I was so happy that I was brought to tears.


Hopefully, when Phoenix is ready to go to BYU, he can take it with him.

8 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

Way to go Tara! I love it when you find the perfect gift that actually means something to the recipient. Love it!

Eric Devericks said...

I am so glad he liked it, you did a great job Tara! Happy belated Birthday Big B!

Katie said...

Tara! That's an awesome quilt!!!! I love it.

Happy late Birthday Byron! That's definitely one wonderful birthday present.

Margo Clift said...

You are a lucky man, Byron Lynn Morgan!
She is a pretty amazing woman.
What an awesome gift and you are so right about how she pulled it off "in the last few weeks of pregnancy."
You both are very lucky to have each other, "forever".
Love Mom

Lisa Clift said...

Love the quilt!! An amazing act of love. Way to go Tara!

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Tara - You Rock! What an Awesome gift to conceive of and create for your hubby!

And Byron, you are one lucky, lucky man! Great gift!

Grandpa Clift said...

Wow, I am impressed with your work Tara. Happy belated B Day son, I am so happy to have you in my life. You are both blessed to have each other.

TexasBoy said...

My wife made me a similar quilt with a bunch of shirts from my college and high school days and it is one of my favorite blankets.